Thursday, May 27, 2010

Angel Food Cake

Well, after trying the Heavenly Coconut Cake I have become an Food Network - Alton Brown fan. So, before we moved to Elko, I was watching that show one night and seen him make an Angel Food Cake...OH YUMMMMMM was my exact thought. So, finally I have made it and I can tell you...I love Angel food cake but I will never buy another store bought one after making this one. I decided if I can master the coconut cake I can handle just about anything....YEP, I can handle this one.

Last week Smiths had blackberries on sale10/$10. I stocked up and I made lots of blackberry goodies. After making this Angel Food Cake I decided to use the lemon sugar that I had made and toss with the blackberries. Then I made up some whipping cream and used the homemade lemon extract that I had made. Oh, and in the cake I had used the homemade orange extract where extract was called for. Then I layered it all up and made blackberry short cake type things. They were really good :) A must try dessert!!

Oh yes....I almost for got...I used a bunt pan because believe it or not...I do not own a tube pan. That is something I need to invest it.

Recipes for the extracts and sugar coming very soon :)

0 comments: