Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Weight Loss Journey

Ok...I am getting real in this post! Holding NOTHING back. This is accountability!

I admit, I had not wore a pair of pants without an elastic waistband in years. Jeans were just out of the question. I never found a pair I liked and I never liked the way they fit. At least not at the size I was. I am talking 18 plus. Last summer when traveling to Nevada to visit my sister and her family, I had stopped at a Target and went in to look for a couple pairs of capris. I had to look in the plus sizes to find anything that looked remotely decent on me and that really bothered me.

Fast forward to fall of 2014. When I seen this picture of Tate and I, this was my Ah-Ha moment! This was IT! This was the picture that made me look at myself and say I need to make some changes. I went in the the doctor for a follow up from my vehicle accident and I weighed 238 pounds. I could not believe it. That was just a couple days before this picture was taken. BUT...seeing this picture really put it in perspective for me. One more thing...The day before I delivered Shaelee (who is now 9 and is my second oldest), at 39 weeks, I weighed 242 pounds.

So, in January I joined the gym. I decided I was going to start going 4 to 5 days a week. With Tad being gone the only time I could go was early morning. My alarm was set for 3:40 and I made it happen. It kicked my butt. I could feel my body becoming more toned and my clothes fitting a little different. 

I went on for 3 months. Then I seen a couple friends on Facebook posting before and after pics of themselves after completing this 6 week program. I thought they looked great, but thought nothing more. By this time I was down 10 pounds. A dear friend of mine then told me about this program she was going to start. She told me briefly about it. I was kind of interested but thought "I have no time to watch or worry about what I am eating". I had it in my head that as long as I am excising daily, then I can eat whatever I want.

Bad weather hit, I was stuck at home and not able to go to the gym for a week and gained 2 pounds. I was so bummed out! Then a couple weeks later, another storm hit and I missed another week at the gym. Another pound gained. All my hard work going down the drain...FAST!!! 

So, my friend who was now 3+ weeks into this program was showing serious results. Weight loss, inches loss, loads of energy and feeling great. I decided I needed to go in for a FREE consultation. I went into The Becking Clinic and met with Dr. Becking March 27th. It was about a 45 minute consult and I was so ready to get started. I did just that...I got started the VERY NEXT DAY! 

I was concerned that I would have to let my gym membership go to waste during the 6 weeks, but nope. I only went for 30 minutes a day every other day...sometimes more. 

This is no diet!! This is simply a life style change! It is a Dr. Approved, Dr. Supervised Weight Loss Program. Clean eating for 42 days and amazing results. When I went in for my 3 week measurements I had lost 17 pounds and 13.5". I was so ecstatic!! 

BUT THEN...When I went in for my 6 week measurements, I was literally in tears!!



26 pounds and 23 inches GONE, just like that! By week 7, I was down another 4 pounds making it 30 pounds since I started the ChiroThin Program.

I have broke into 199.4 pounds! It has been years since I have been in the 100's! I am down 30 pounds and 4 dress sizes. I am not stopping now. Now that I am eating a little more and at a higher calorie intake I am back to working out more, harder and loving it. Such an amazing stress relief! I still have 25 pounds to go and I will get there.

TRUTH - Had I not started the ChiroThin program I am pretty sure I would have given up on the gym and weight loss all together. I will never go back to that person I was before! NEVER! 

If I can do this....Anyone can do this!! 

0 comments: