Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Few More Good Ones…

Gotta try this…Lemon Water. It is really good…

Big BatchSmall Batch
5 Quarts Water2 Quarts Water
3 Cups Sugar or Splenda1-1/4 Cups Sugar or Splenda
1 Tbsp Citric Acid1 Heaping Tsp. Citric Acid
1 Tbsp Lemon Extract1 Heaping Tsp. Lemon Extract

Boil 1 quart water (or really hot water), add sugar or Splenda; dissolve. Add citric acid, lemon extract and remaining water. Chill. Add lemon slices to garnish.
This is really good water. I was able to find the lemon extract at the dollar store. The citric acid I borrowed some from my sister and I sweeten mine with Splenda. Also..I have to add a little more cold water because I don't like it too sweet….subtle is good for me J


These next few recipes I was planning on making for our Friday night movie night…BUT, my sister and brother-in-law asked Tad and I if we wanted to go on a double date and they would provide the babysitting (my nephew and niece). Of course we accepted the offer (eagerly)…we ate at Toki Ona's…and boy oh boy…it was so good. So then I decided I was going to make these Saturday night, but we ate a late lunch at this Mexican restaurant downtown and we were too full for dinner. So…this ended up being our Sunday dinner. It was good…just not what we usually plan for Sunday dinner JThe Ultimate Chicken Wings (of course it is a Kraft recipe) and I made Pepperoni Pizza's on Flatout Bread. Those were really good…I made these the other night too and they were really good with pepperoni, Canadian bacon, and fresh cilantro. Oh My!! Oh yea…back to what was supposed to be a movie night dinner…Sangria Punch and Creamy Carmel-Peanut Dip. All perfect movie night goodies.

Tuesday night I was very fortunate to attend the Taste of Home Cooking School with my sister and a couple of her friends. It was here in Elko…and it was sooo much fun. I cannot wait to go again next year. I will be posting a lot of yummo recipes as I try them out. I can't wait!!

And now…I have been working on a Mother's Day gift for 3 days now and it is still not done. Better luck tomorrow I hope J I hope someone enjoys all these recipes!

0 comments: