Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hot & Sweet Drumsticks, Roasted Potatoe Wedges, Blue Cheese Biscuits

Well, for some reason I have been trying out A LOT of new recipes and spending a lot of time in the kitchen...more than usual. Many have turned out rather well and of course I have had to make my own changes to a few of them :)

Oh yes...the other night I made these Hot & Sweet Drumsticks. They were sooooo good and drumsticks are rather inexpensive. The few simple changes I made: before I started baking the chicken, I first broiled it...turning it once and crisping up the skin. Then instead of pouring the sauce over the chicken, throughtout the baking process I kept basting the drumsticks with the sauce. Then when they were done baking, I once again broiled them again to crisp them up some more. Oh yes...and I doubled the sauce. They were really good. My sister is going to try grilling them and basting them along the way.

Along with these yummo drumsticks I served them with some simple Roasted Potatoe Wedges. When I pulled them out of the oven I sprinked them with parsely and shredded parmesan cheese. They were a good side to the drumpsticks.

Also, that same night I had tried these biscuits. The recipe came out of one of my World Wide Ward Cookbooks (I love them all). They are Blue Cheese Biscuits. The recipe calls for:
3 cans refrigerated biscuits
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
3/4 cup melted butter

Cut the biscuits in quarters. Melt butter, stir in blue cheese crumbles and mix until cheese is melted. Pour over biscuits and mix well. Then...bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Yeild: 15-20 servings.

The serving size scared me so I only used 1 can of biscuits, and 1/4 cup butter. I baked mine in a pie dish and stired half way through so I got alot of the biscuits browned.

I like them...not sure that the kids did. Well, TJ did, but her eats just about anything...

0 comments: