Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fudgy Ice Cream Sandwiches....Update

June 30th
I made these tonight but we probably wont cut into them until tomorrw night. The recipe did not go as planned. It only calls for 1 tube of cookie dough, I used almost 2 full tubes. I probably used more than 2 cups of ice cream too. Also, of course I baked the cookie dough too long. For some reason I got to learn to trust the timer on the stove. I keep forgetting that this one is a huge update from the one I had. So....I will update when we cut ino them. Hopefully they look as good as the picture looks.

July 1st
So, we did cut into these things lastnight. I think they would have been a whole lot better if I had not over baked the cookies. Since the cookies were so hard from being over baked and then frozen it made it nearly impossible to eat them like a regular ice cream sandwich. The kids did love them. Tad poured milk over his in a bowl to try to soften his up but it did not work. But atleast I tried it!!

Good Luck to anyone else who gives it a try.

3 comments:

Brandy and Pauls Family said...

I want some. Paul said to send some to us I told him they will melt he said put them in ice.

kira said...

i can't wait to try this one! Maybe as a 4th of july themed thing??? hmmmmmm

Our Story... said...

Yea, I want to do them again, but just not overbake the cookies :(