Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Magic Cookie Bars

Monday morning when my sister called she said she was making Magic Cookie Bars. She said they are good. So I was looking through a cookbook lastnight and seen a recipe for them. I am thinking I am going to try them out today. I am not sure how well they will go over with my kids because of the coconut, but I am going to give them a shot.

1/2 C. butter
1-1/2 C. Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 (14-oz.) can condensed milk
1 (6-oz.) bag milk chocolate chips
1-1/2 C. flaked coconut
1 C. pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for a glass baking dish). In a 9 x 13-inch pan, melt butterin the oven. Sprinkle crumbs ove butter. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients. Press down lightly. Bake 25-30 minutes or untile light brown. Cool and cut into bars.

2 comments:

kira said...

post a picture! i'm really curious to see how these things look. :)

Our Story... said...

I will, once I make them...have not gotten that far yet today...but hopefully within the next hour or two.