Sunday, November 7, 2010

Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pankcakes

Now...this has become a GO TO recipe in the mornings....WE LOVE THIS ONE!!!

Brown Sugar Oatmaeal Pancakes - From Taste of Home

Ingredients -

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk

Directions -
In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another small bowl, beat the egg, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Pour batter by 1/3 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: about 10 pancakes.

***My Variations - I always double this recipe for my family. They are very filling, but the kids love to snack on them too. I like to add about a 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips to these. Also, I don't always have buttermilk on hand and a VERY good substitute for buttermilk is milk and lemon juice. Yep... I use about 1 cup of milk and 1 tbsp of lemon juice for my buttermilk (so this recipe, I double that).

2 comments:

kira said...

ohhhhhh ... yum, yum, yum! :)

kira said...

just tried them for breakfast this morning ... so yummy! and we didn't even need syrup with all that sweetness ... perfect! :)