Monday, February 22, 2010

Hevenly Coconut Cake...

So, one late night Tad and I were watching The Food Network and the Alton Brown guy was on. He was going through the science of a coconut cake. Tad and I watched the whole episode and drooled the whole way through it. So of course I had to try to conquer the recipe. He made his own coconut extract, coconut cream and coconut milk. I did not go as far to make the coconut extract for this recipe. I just used what I had in my pantry, but we did make the coconut cream and milk. This cake is so amazingly good and worth every minute that it took to make it. Even though it turned out to be nearly 4 hours that I spent on it. I am sure if I did not have 4 demanding children at home and my husband that it would have gone smoother...but hey, but 9:45 lastnight I had finally finished it. WELL WORTH IT!!!!

I am going to give the extract a try once we get moved. I want to do coconut, mint and vanilla.

0 comments: