Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Recipes

So over the weekend we tried some good, yummy recipes. Definately some keepers. Saturday night Tad cooked up some salmon fillets with some really good lemon, dill rice. We also had some crab fritters. We have become Allton Brown Goo-roos, so of course the crab fritters come from him. Oh...we used imitation crab :)

I also found a new recipe I was dying to try Chili Rubbed Steak Tacos with Cucumber & Alvacodo Salsa....YUMMO!!! Thats all I can say. I wanted it to be ready when we got home from church yesterday so, instead of grilling the steak I tripled the rub recipe and through the meat in the crock pot with about 1/2 cup of water and then...when we got home it was ready and smelled so good. We shredded the beef and then added it back to the juices in the crock pot so it could soak them all up. It was GREAT and I will definately be making them again...soon rather than later. The salsa is soooooo refreshing!! Oh yes....I used more like 2 pounds of meat.

0 comments: