Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Creamy Chicken Chowder Recipe

This is a new recipe for me. I made it for dinner tonight and it is very good. Gotta love meals that can be done in the crock-pot.

Ingredients:
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch pieces (I used canned chicken)
1 11-oz can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained (I used regualar corn without sweet peppers cause that is what I already had on hand)
1 10-3/4 oz can condensed cream of potato soup
1 4 oz can diced green chile peppers
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro (I probably used a little bit more cause you can never have enough cilantro)
1 1-1/4 oz envelope taco seasoning mix
3 cups chicken broth
8 oz sour cream
1/2 of an 8 oz package of cream cheese wpread with jalepeno peppers, cubed (I used half of regual cream cheese, then chopped up a jalepeno and deseeded half of the pepper before chopping it up)

Directions:
In a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker combine chicken, corn, soup, undrained chile peppers, cilantro, and taco seasoning mix. Stir in chicken broth. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.

Stir about 1 cup of the hot soup into the sour cream. Stir sour cream mixture and cheese into the mixture in cooker; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until combined.

I garnished it with grated cheddar cheese and more chopped jalepenos and cornbread. It was really yummy....there is no leftovers :)

0 comments: