Wednesday, June 16, 2010

These Days...

Things are going good here in Elko. School is out, and activities go on :) Tate is having a blast in scouts. June 5th he participated in day camp and had a blast. Lastnight was pack meeting and he was awarded with 6 belt loops that he has earned to add to his collection. This upcoming Saturday he is looking forward to going to the branding at our family's ranch in Starr Valley. He is not sure if he wants to be a motorcross rider or a cowboy...or a combination of the two :)

Speaking of the upcoming branding....GRRR!!! I was looking forward to going riding with my brother-in-law yesterday, all day!! I was so looking forward to it. I had to leave the house no later than 7:15 in the morning, with all 5 kids. I did it, got dinner ready and cooking and we headed out the door at exactly 7:07. Got all the kids buckled in and got ready to get in myself and BOOM!!!! I have a flat tire on my excursion....it was great. Needless to say, I did not get to go riding because they needed to leave around 8, so I finally left my house at 10:30 yesterday morning and when I got to Starr Valley I kept track of my 5 kiddos plus 2 of my sisters. Oh yes...I was cleaning the camper when I was informed that the horses were out. Not just a couple....more like 20...give or take a few!!! So I got them rounded up....all on foot, got the kids lunch, solved a few problems between the kiddos and then back to cleaning the campers so people have places to stay when they come for the branding. It was a great day. So we got back home only to find that the dinner that I had started at 6:30 that very same morning was not finished!! WHAT!!! I was so mad...so, we headed to eat dinner then off to pack meeting. It was a great day. Nothing went as planned!!

The flat tire occured when my great husband took us for a drive Monday evening, on some not so nice roads. It was so much fun (sarcasticly speaking), especially when we came across this nice, nasty friend....

and he wanted to have a picnic up here. I said no and we ended up at the park having our picnic. Much better :)

With summer here, so many things going on. Tate and I are doing the Scripture Reading Challenge, we have chose the BOM...and we are doing quite well :) Shaelee is now in Girl Scounts and is so excited about it and I have decided to be a Daisy leader. Not sure what I was thinking, but its all good :). Oh and how could I forget Abby?? Yes, we got a new dog....her name is Abby and she is so sweet. I am a sucker for blue heeler pups and she reminds me of one I had years ago. She is wonderful and the kids love her and she loves them. For some reason I find it neccessary to get puppy's while potty training....Yep....TJ is potty trained!! He is doing great!! Such a big little man :)

On top of all that, I have several projects I am trying to tackle...once I get them done I will be sure to make posts :)

We all continue to get settled in here and tryin to fit in. We love our ward. It is great and so inviting. Yet...we have not been asked to speak yet nor have we been given any callings....which is fine by me :) This little house is still very cozy, and the yard is coming together, slowly but surely.

Oh....and school....school for me is still rollin' along :)

0 comments: