Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Desserts...

How could I possibly forget these?? My oh my!! So Smith's has had blackberries on sale for $1 lately. I found this very easy and delish Blackberry Cobbler recipe, and the best part is the fruit is on top....not the bottom :)

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1 - 1-1/2 cups blackberries
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fruit juice or water

Beat butter and sugar until well mixed. Stir flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into shortening/sugar mixture. Add milk and beat until smooth. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish, greased. Spoon blackberries over the batter. Sprinkle sugar over the fruit. Pour fruit juice or water over sugar. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes.

Also...I made my first fried ice cream and they were so good!! Good and easy!! Here is what I did...
Lined a cookie sheet with waxed paper then scooped out soften ice cream to desired ball size and placed on lined cookie sheet. Place back in freezer for a good hour or two - until the ice cream balls are frozen pretty hard. Then I took some egg whites and rolled the ice cream balls into the egg whites and then into crushed cornflakes. Then back to the egg for a second coat and then back into the cornflakes. Then back ont the cookie sheet to freeze for another hour or so. Then...heat oil in a large pan or frier to about 375 degrees. Fry coated ice cream ball in oil for 3 to 4 seconds, until it has achieved a golden brown color. I then had a bowl lined with paper towel and placed the fried ice cream in the bowl before serving with chocolate syrup and whipped cream, sprinked with cinnamon sugar. These are so great!!!

0 comments: