Friday, June 18, 2010

My Cajun Chicken Pasta and Homemade Alfredo Sauce


Ok…this is my knock of recipe of Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta. It may not be as good, but it is still pretty darn good and a hit in my home. Not to mention…it is rather quick and easy (right up my ally)!!

1/2 pound penne pasta
1 jar alfredo sauce (or homemade sauce; recipe below)
5 chicken tenders
1 tomato
Cajun Seasoning

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, sprinkle chicken tenders on both sides with seasoning and grill them. I grill mine on a simple stove top grill. Drain pasta and put it back into pot with the jar of alfredo sauce (reserve a little to go on very top) and I sprinkle a little of the Cajun seasoning to give it a little kick. After it is heated, place pasta on plate top with chicken cut into strips, a little more alfredo sauce, and diced tomatoes. Enjoy!

Homemade Alfredo Sauce – After making this you will never use the jar stuff again.

1 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 to 1-1/2 cups parmesan cheese
2 cups (give or take) milk
season with garlic powder as desired

Add cream cheese to a large skillet on medium heat until melted, stirring frequently to keep from burning. Add soup and cheese until well blended, and then add milk about ½ cup at a time to ensure perfect consistency.

I have also made this recipe with shrimp in place of chicken. Instead of grilling, I cook my shrimp in a small skillet with butter, garlic and Cajun seasoning. This is a very yummy fix also…and linguine or spaghetti is good, too in place of the penne pasta.
J

0 comments: