Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve...

This was a CRAZY, packed day!! Tate had to dress up like a pilgrim for school and take part in a Thanksgiving Feast. The family members were invited to attend and we were bringing a ham. We were to dress up as indians. Thank goodness for my mom!! She got an outfit together for Tate and the girls. The looked GREAT. Of course I did not take pictures but she did. I will post them once I get them from my mom. They all looked GREAT!! The kids loved it....even Tate!

So, after the feast at the school we headed home to get cooking and baking for the next several day's of our company. My sister and her family arrived that evening. BUT...on Tuesday after we picked Tad up from the airport we went to this International Market and my mom got so much STUFF...so much asian stuff that she had no idea what it was or how to use it. She knew Tad would. So, for dinner Wednesday night we had all sorts of Asian food...of course Tad's culinary skills came to good use. It's a good thing he likes to watch Iron Chef :) Tad was in charge of dinner and mom and I took care of dessert...I was supposed to do it, but I got busy cleaning floors and left it my mom to tend to.

For dessert we made a Caramel Chocolate Trifle. I love trifle's cause they are easy and feed a large group. This one was really good.

Ingredients:
1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
2 packages (3.9 ounces eaech) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
1 package (7-1/2 or 8 ounces) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips

Directions:
Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for an 8-in. square baking pan. Cool on a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions.
Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place half of the cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl or large glass serving bowl; lightly press down to fill in gaps. Top with half of the whipped topping, pudding, caramel topping and toffee bits; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate until serving. About 16 servings.

0 comments: