Thursday, October 15, 2009

Emilee's Birthday Cake

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/lets-party-cake?WT.mc_id=taf_recipe_BC
The cake that I wanted to make....well, I did make the one I wanted, but I did not follow it to a T!! Plus I was basing the colors off of Tinkerbell...Lime Green and Purple, and that part turned out good but...I could not find the Tinkerbell cupcake toppers that I had bought. All in all I guess it turned out good. The Birthday Girl liked it.

The bottom layer of the cake I did an 8" single layer cake and then the first cupcake layer was supposed to be 7 cupcakes...I only did 3. The second layer of cupcakes was supposed to be 4...I only did 2. The final cupcake was right on :) I did not read the directions clearly I guess, otherwise I would have had enough cupcakes. Since my count was short I used toothpicks to secure the cupcakes when I stacked them. I used skittles for all the dots.

0 comments: