Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chalupa and Apple Crisp Update....

All in all both recipes were GREAT!!! The Chalupa was a BIG HIT!! It was very yummy. Everyone with the excpetoin of myself and my kids made it like a borrito. I made mine and the kiddos taco salad style. I am so grateful that I bought the electric roaster at Costco yesterday because I started the Chalup out in a 12 quart dutch oven in the oven and it was to the rim...as soon as I got home from Costco I transfered it all to the new roaster and it was great. Had I now done so I am afraid I would have had a HUGE mess in the bottom of my over. Once those beans cooked and all the juices from the pork came out it would have overflowed - Easily.

The Apple Crisp Desert was GREAT. The only variation I would make next time is to do more apples and less time. I started mine about 3:00 and by 7:00 it was done. Once I finally got into it to dish it out it was about 7:30 so it sat in the crock pot for another 30 minutes and cooked. I am guessing with more apples it may take the 4 hours but with the apples I used, which was 4 medium sized, it could have easly been done in 3 hours.

All in all, my dinner was a HIT and everyone enjoyed it. Our visit was GREAT, too!!

0 comments: