Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Great Day…


Ok…so the wind blew all day yesterday. It was getting a little scary but we handled it J I went and seen the house yesterday. All I can say is "OH MY"!! Seriously…it is OLD, OLD, OLD and very small, small, small!! But it is going to have to work for a while. In some sense I feel like we are going completely backwards but it is so much different here than it is from Henderson. I have not said I miss Henderson yet, but I am sure the time is coming.
We have had a great morning! I woke up at 4:00 am to check on TJ cause he was coughing a lot…so he I go to check on him and give him a drink of warm water. As he finished the last drink he threw-up all over the sheets that I just washed 2 days ago because he had thrown up on them then. Great times, right?? So I get him back to sleep and climb back into bed and I am thinking it is pretty chilly in here. Tad's alarm goes off at 5:00 am and I tell him he needs to switch the propane tanks cause the furnace is not staying on and I think the propane is empty. He says he will take care of it. He comes back in and says, "Lacie, both tanks are empty." I proceed to tell him he his crazy and he tells me it is snowing out!! Of course I did not believe him and had to look out the window to see for myself. Yep…it was snowing and it is still snowing. CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!!! That's all I got to say about it!!
I got the kids up at about 6:30 and told them to get some warm clothes on and coats, I was taking them out for breakfast. No way are we going to sit in a cold camper and eat cold cereal. So we headed to Burger King. They were happy…me on the other hand…not so much!! Now…there are only 2 places in town to fill propane tanks. At the one place they have to call someone to come to the store to fill it. So, decided to wait at Cal Ranch until they opened, which was 8:00. I got the propane, got Tate to school and then back to the camper to get some heat going, or so I thought!! I get here, hook the tanks up and I hear a leak in one of the hoses, SO NOW….the kids are still bundled up and I am going to make beds, gather laundry and wait for Tate to get out of school so we can head to my sister's where it will be nice and warm. It has been a GREAT morning to say the least.
Oh yes…Tate's first day of school was GREAT!! He really likes the school and has made some friends J Happy Wednesday!!

1 comments:

kira said...

oh my i can't imagine no heat ... brrrr. our house is always freezing when it's snowing ... and that's WITH the heater running the whole time! and thanks for passing the snow along ... ummm ... we were at safeway/vons (getting 69 cent brownie mixes!) and driving home i couldn't see 100 feet ahead of me ... scary!